Monday, November 2, 2009

Heliconia day 2














Heliconia - 5 x 7 inch on Watercolor Paper

This daily watercolor I did of a Heliconia flower is quite a challenge for me.  I have since finished it and signed it.  First of all, I do not want to paint this watercolor so it is overly worked.  I need to stop before the water colors go muddy.  I have choose a dark blue mixed with green and purple color background and with this dark value, the subject stands out more when compare to the light color one before.  The value of the background have changed and I think it helps to define the subject of the Heliconia.  I use Winsor and Newton tube watercolour and Van Gogh Watercolors.  I like to hear some experience from anyone that uses pan watercolor especially the large pan watercolor that is made by Winsor and Newton.  I found that their tube watercolor dries so fast after it’s been squeeze out of the tube.  I wonder if there is a shelf life for tube watercolor.

No comments: