Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Flower #1 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch watercolor on paper














Flower #1 - 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch watercolor on paper.

Watercolor This flower watercolor painting should be done as a larger painting.  There are details in which a small painting just have not enough room to paint on.  I have use Windsor and Newton artist watercolor on this flower painting doing it in various washes.  The most challanging part of the flower are the large patels.  I need to use a small brush because of the small size of the painting.  But the layers of wash keep on drying quicker than I anticipated and I need to work fast in order that the area stays wet enough for the wash.  Over all I am quite happy with the result and I like the very dark background which gives the flower the 3 dimension look it needs.   I might want to go back on the Heliconia painting to make an overall dark background.

No comments: