Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ballroom dancing painting and gradated wash



















I have continue with my ballroom dance painting last night doing part of the dress in wet into wet wash.  I started with the area of the dress in the upper right corner using Windsor yellow and Windsor orange watercolor paint.  The dress on the body was done a day earlier with the same watercolor paint in wet into wet wash and before it is dry, household salt is used on the cold press watercolor service and has been removed completely when dry overnight.


















After leaving it to dry overnight, I have done a small 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch gradated wash just for the exercise.  It was done with a brush loaded with a certain color with the paper put on vertical.  More clean water is being put on the brush together with paint and was applied at the bottom of each wash.
Looking at my ballroom dance painting again I feel I might have tackled too big an area at one time and loose control over some of the washes. Well, I guess you don't learn if you do not make mistake.

No comments: